West Ham have put a stop to Liverpool’s 25 game unbeaten run in the all competitions with a memorable 3-2 victory in an electrifying London Stadium.

It is a result that sends our Irons 3rd and level on points with Manchester City in 2nd after 11 games played.

There was a typical menace about David Moyes’ Irons who showed in the early stages that this was a game that was there to be won, and there was only 4 minutes on the clock when our Hammers took the lead.

Pablo Fornals whipped in a corner which Ogbonna rose to meet however his leap distracted the Liverpool goalkeeper Allison, who let the ball fly between his arms to hit the back of the net.

Liverpool players and management protested the Ogbonna challenge, and even VAR was called in to review. But justice was served when the goal stood and West Ham were in front against the Reds.

Liverpool kept possession well, however without much end product, whereas our Irons were looking dangerous on the counter with Antonio failing to latch onto a break which was certain to be heading to a one-on-one with Allison.

Four minutes from the break though it was Liverpool who found the net.

It was typical of Mo Salah who earned the visitors a free kick with a clear and blatant dive under pressure from Declan Rice, but the poor decision to award the foul was reflective of the referees overall performance on the night.

Nothing could be taken away from the quality of the strike though from Alexander-Arnold, despite the free kick clearly unjust. So that meant we went into the break all things level at 1-1.

It was the second half of this contest where West Ham really stamped our mark on the game, with some excellent and free-flowing football that Liverpool struggled to contain.

On 67 minutes Jarrod Bowen produced an outstanding run from inside the West Ham half, weaving through a sea of cream shirts before laying on for Pablo Fornals who’s shot could only be parried into the back of the net by Allison to restore our Hammers’ lead.

Then only 7 minutes later London Stadium exploded when summer signing Kurt Zouma latched on to a wonderful Bowen corner to head home over the Liverpool keeper to put our Irons 3-1 ahead.

The visitors though did respond, clearly intent on not letting their unbeaten run of 25 games vanish.

With only 7 minutes remaining on the clock, Origi produced a sublime flick and volley beyond Fabianski to set up a nervy final few minutes in this thrilling contest.

Sadio Mane arguably should have levelled things up with a header just shy of the post, but it wasn’t to be and this was West Ham’s night.

London Stadium erupted at the final whistle, knowing that West Ham now had not only ended Liverpools impressive unbeaten run, but also leapfrogged them into 3rd place and now officially contenders for a Champions League spot.

A night that will live in the memories for some time. What a time this really is to be a West Ham fan.

Written by Mark Carlaw (@mcrugrid)